Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Weaning off the Olson

Since I'm married now, I'm realizing that I'm at this in between stage right now. On my marriage license, It's official I'm Vanessa Kimball, but I still need to change my drivers license, bank accounts, social security card and so forth. And with work, I'm slowly working into Vanessa Kimball. I'm finding that it can easily confuse people when they receive emails from a Vanessa Kimball when they're not sure who that is. So for the moment I'm weaning off the Olson. I'm sure lots of women go through the same things. I know a woman I interned for named her business after her last name, then she got a divorce and boy was that weired when past clients couldn't connect the two, or were looking for a different name. She told me, if you ever make your own business, don't name it after yourself. Note to self. I don't plan on owning my own business, but maybe if I had my own designs or sold things online, it would have to be named something different.

No comments: