Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tiffany Teske

Absolutely talented etsy artist. Tiffany Teske.
http://tiffanyteske.etsy.com

Birds are very popular today. Tiffany's images are extremely moving and emotional works of art. Tiffany's work has a distinct look. It's very modern and dark, yet it has a reference to old world art. It's tasteful and classic.

I also really enjoy the nude figures she takes. The female body really is a true work of art to study and Tiffany captures it so well. Her images also remind me of the works of Peter Paul Rubens. I love this image with the fern down the back. The proximity of the two subjects allows you to connect that the two are one. The fern looks like her spine, as if you can see inside of her or see her skeletal structure. Very moving.


I also really appreciate this image of a woman laying in the grass. It really reminds me of the master piece of Millais's Ophilia.

And she also has great gift wrap! You can't go wrong with this shop when finding a gift this season. Great works of art and you can have it wrapped with thee most stylish wrapping paper. Great talent!

3 comments:

that's Headley! Jewelry Designs said...

I love Tiffany's work, too. You picked beautiful images for your feature, but then, how could you not, right?

SimplySaidBySarah said...

Hi! You've been tagged in my blog today! Check it out, its your turn now! :)

www.SimplySaidBySarah.blogspot.com

Have a great day! :)

Tiffany Teske said...

Thank you for the thoughtful feature, Vanessa. You really took the time to look at my work. I appreciate it!

And thanks to you, too, That's Headley!